DIY: An attempt at making over that impossible Godrej almirah!

If you have lived in India, you have probably owned the monstrosity of a Godrej Storwel! I do, and somehow the household unanimously decided against giving it away. So we were stuck with it, and I decided that if the ugliness was so hard to live with, I had better try to liven it up!

Before 

After


I used a simple stencil and acrylic paints. As you can see, it still has some work left over on it. I guess I will have to wait until my little bundle of joy arrives, because I really shouldn't be messing with paints and turpentine now. Despite being incomplete, I am really happy with the way it looks now because it doesn't feel like a Godrej anymore! I also know that in all probability I will be repainting it soon to try out other designs on it. So really, the sturdy old Godrej has also become my experimental art canvas!

If you have attempted something similar do write in with pics. We would love to feature your DIY on The Keybunch!

Labels: , , , ,