DIY: Warli Name board


The last day of February spells the last day of our Feb DIY carnival. Have you checked out all the entries? They are so creative, you must go have a look before the event ends. And, if you haven't yet participated, it is still not too late!

Here's my last moment entry to the carnival. I wanted a name board to hang outside our apartment door. I wanted it to be different from all the other name boards I have seen before. The weekend was busy with the security door people coming in to install doors and grills. I now have a little nook right outside my front door, and I plan to put all my Warli painted pots there. So I decided on a Warli-themed name board.

Here it is. I painted it on thick handmade recycled drawing sheets(bought during my visit to the handmade paper factory). I am bad at painting in alphabets, so I took a printout of our name, then decoupaged it on to the handmade paper, and painted over it again.
I can't hang it up yet because the littlest one in the picture (see the babe in arms?)is not yet on the scene :) I love it cos it looks so amateur and entirely "home made" ;)


Linking up to Pat's weekend event, and to our very own DIY carnival.

Labels: , , , , , ,