Home Tour: Simran's Rented Apartment in Bengaluru

Simran Dhaliwal is a Bengaluru-based blogger, and today I bring you a tour of her beautifully done-up rented home. There's lots to learn from Simran's refined, simplistic style, and I am personally quite thrilled that her color palette is sooo similar to mine - especially the neutral colored fabric on a contemporary Indian sofa and orange curtains from Fabindia...:).

So go on, walk through her apartment and absorb the colors, ambiance and decor as she gives you a guided tour of  her beautifully done-up home!


The entrance to my apartment - I have always loved console tables with mirrors and hence this buy.

The yellow flower pot was a result of my love for something bright and cheerful. something that perks you up

I picked this Warli keyholder at the Dastkar fair.

I picked up my orange and green sheer curtains at Fab India and to match I picked some cushions in the same colours to go with my sofa.
I picked these up at the World Market when I was in the US.

A madhubani painting picked up from Dastkar
 
The living room


1) The  couple mask on the left is from Surajkund Mela in Delhi. 2) The 2nd pair of 2 faces is a wooden one from Arunachal Pradesh3) The big painted wooden one in the centre is from Bali, Indonesia.4) The one on the right is a wrought iron mask from Madhya Pradesh.

My sofa is contemporary wooden and I love the basic neutral cream which can be mixed with any color combination.

I picked up these metal art pieces at an exhibition in Bengaluru

Does that tell you something about my interests?

A bit of greenery in the living room corner

More books ...:)

A part of the tablescape today..
After this home tour...you must stay for the meal I cooked for you.

The collection of pictures on the left wall is another one of my favorites. I like naturally shot portraits rather than studio ones.

This one was an internet buy I couldn't resist...sums up my cooking skills :)
The ceramic bell was picked up during a vacation in Goa.
The quilling wall arts were made by a fellow blogger and artist Sarika of Kraftaria.
My son's room is bright and colourful. The bedsheet is from Fab India and has roosters from his fav book "The rooster and the sun".

My most recent addition - a lamp from Sunshine Boulevard in Koramangala

 Thanks Simran that was a delightful tour! People, what did you think about Simran's home? Leave a comment for her, do!



Simran recently arranged a themed party for her 2 year old's bday.
This and other pics of the food and decor have been featured here.
Don't forget to go have a look!
Do have a look at Simran's lovely blogs - Simz Corner and ChipsnChutzpah

And here's a shoutout to Kamini who is off on a quick vacation to Australia. Have fun, K!