Globetrotting with The KeyBunch: Neha's Home in Tampa


Neha's living room filled with pillows with block prints, kantha, mirror work, embroidery...The seat cushions are made of Ikat fabric also from India.

I fell in love with Neha’s fuss free chic home when I stumbled upon her blog Allthingsbeautiful. I knew I had to feature her home and wrote to her. After flurry of mails flying across over a period of time, these fabulous pics of her home landed in my mail box.

As you enter, you are greeted with Neha's Ganesha painting
Green Spot...love the Buddha here

Neha is based in Tampa, Florida and loves all things Indian. Look at the number of Ganeshas and Buddhas, use of Indian textiles and artifacts all over her home and you'll know what I am talking about. Varying shades of orange dominate her home.

A collection of Ganesha's in different avatars


Here’s what she had to say when I asked her about her interest in craft and décor. "I have always been interested in arts and crafts since childhood. When I came to the US after getting married, it was such a pleasure to be able to make my apartment into a 'Home'....and then every apartment that we lived in. Once we bought our own home 2 years back, my love for design and decor had no bounds. It was a new home, a blank slate ready to be written all over.....I have decorated it, slowly and room by room....its getting there, but I still have lots to do. My home reflects who I am, what I like and I enjoy decorating it. "


Cozy corners

"My style, I would say, is no particular one. Its a mish mash...eclectic, ethnic, contemporary..... A trip to India and I bring back a few more pieces, more of India in my home" Neha adds.
The bedroom with Kalamkari bedspread and Kantha quilt
"Me and my husband, we both love to travel, and I always shop for handicrafts and local markets where ever we go. My home has our travel finds displayed here and there."

Cane chair and colorful cushions - perfect for a cup of coffee
Streaming sunlight through tangerine curtains
Her recipe for perfect space? Lots of fabrics and textures, warm wood tones, lots of multi-colored cushions, soothing candles and the fragrance of fresh flowers. Perfect isn’t it? Now, head over to her blog for many such visual treats.

Labels: