Tutorial: Home-made heart print gift wrap




When doing the laundry the other day, I discovered quite by accident that craft paper transfers its color when ironed. So I thought I would try transferring shapes onto butter paper, and I am quite pleased with the results.

For Valentine's Day, I decided to try out heart shapes. It's also an amazing solution for those 11th hour hunts for birthday gift wrap.

Here's a quick tutorial
Draw and cut out heart shapes on ordinary craft paper

Place these shapes in between 2 sheets of butter paper placed on layers of soft material.

 Run a medium hot iron on top of each heart. Make sure you "trace" the entire heart with the iron.
Then separate the papers. You will find that the heart shape has stuck to the trace paper.
Peel it off gently to reveal a beautiful colored heart shape.



It's as simple as that! If you are not into hearts, try other shapes, alphabets or patterns. 







Happy Valentine's Day!

Labels: , ,